Ingredients: 600g bitter gourd, 300g potatoes
Seasonings: 1 tbsp. vegetarian barbecue sauce, 1 tbsp. light soy sauce, 1 tbsp. vegetarian oyster sauce, 1 brown slab sugar
- Cut bitter gourd cross-wise into 2cm thick rounds. Take away the seeds.
- Slice up potatoes and steam for 15 minutes until tender.
- Take a big tray. Crush potato into mashed potato. Add a pinch of salt.
- Stuff bitter gourd rings with mashed potato. Sprinkle flour on both sides.
- Heat pan with oil and pan-fry gourd rings on both sides until golden brown.
- Mix seasonings with some water. Turn to low heat and simmer for a while until sauce is thickened.
- This dish tastes better when bitter gourd is well done and tender.