Ingredients : 600g pumpkin, 500g tomato, 100g white mushrooms, 30g butter, chopped cheese
Group A : 0.5 can tomato paste，0.25pcs brown slab sugar, 0.75tsp. salt
Group B : 1 tbsp. dried herbs, 2 tbsp. olive oil, some salt
For the sauce :
- Finely chop the tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Heat wok with butter. Pan-fry mushrooms until fragrant. Add tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are soft.
- Put the tomato mixture in a small pot. Add seasoning in Group A and bring to the boil. Let simmer on low heat for 30-40 minutes or until thick.
For the pumpkin:
- Wash pumpkin and cut into slices.
- In a bake ware, mix and toss well the pumpkin slices with seasoning in Group B.
- Mix half of the tomato paste with pumpkin slices and put the other half on top.
- Preheat oven to 180 ℃. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Keep turning them until pumpkin softens. Sprinkle cheese when done.
- Continue to bake until cheese turns golden brown.
- Keep stirring while making the sauce, or else it will stick to the bottom of the skittle.
- Prepare a bigger portion and keep some for later use. This sauce works well with spaghetti and pizza.