Ingredients: 200g dried black mushrooms, 200g lotus root
Group A : 1 tbsp. grated ginger, 1 tbsp. sugar, 2 tbsp. cooking oil
Group B : 1 tbsp. vegetarian oyster sauce, 1 tbsp. black bean soy sauce, 1 pc. rock sugar, 1 tsp. light soy sauce, a pinch of sea salt
- Rinse dried black mushrooms and soak for 6-8 hours. Squeeze and cut off the stem. Discard the water.
- Add seasonings in group A into the mushrooms and steam for 30 minutes.
- Cut lotus root into thick slices.
- Heat wok, add 1 tbsp. cooking oil and then pan-fry mushrooms with 5-6 slices of ginger until fragrant. Put lotus root and seasonings in group B. Add 1 bowl of water. Simmer with medium heat.
- Stir while cooking until the lotus root is tender. Add some water when necessary.
- Add 1 tsp. sesame oil, mix well before serve.
- You may prepare more servings of black mushrooms at a time and keep them in freezer for future use.
- You may make use the lotus root used for making soup before.