Ingredients: One Chinese pomelo, 4-5pc. ginger
Seasonings: 2 tbsp first-extract soy sauce, 1tbsp. dark soy sauce, 1pc. rock sugar
- Remove rind from the fruit.
- Peel the outer crust of the rind with a peeler. Soak the pith in water for one day.
- Squeeze out excess water from the pith from time to time until the water is clear.
- Heat wok with oil. Add ginger and seasonings and sautee for a while until fragrant. Add a bowl of water and simmer until the rock sugar is dissolved.
- Arrange pomelo pith nicely in a big tray. Cover pomelo pith with seasonings and water.
- Steam for 30 minutes until pomelo pith soak up all the sauce. Drizzle some sesame oil on top before serving.
- Do not overcook pomelo pith, or else it will be mushy.