Ingredients: 50g kelp; 350g dried bean curd
Seasoning: 1 spice pouch; 1.2 slab sugar; 5 pcs. ginger; 5 pcs. star anise; 2 tbsp. soy sauce; vegetarian oyster sauce
- Soak kelp in water for 6-8 hours. Remove from water and cut into strips (the water can be used for soup later).
- Put all seasoning into a pot with 8 bowls of water. Bring it to a boil on medium heat.
- Add kelp and dried bean curd and wait until the water boils. Switch to low heat and cook for 30 minutes. Remove from water and soak in water overnight.
- (Optional) Add vegetarian oyster sauce and a little salt if needed. Cook for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from water and let them cool. Cut dried bean curd into pieces and mix with kelp. Sprinkle sesame oil on top.
- Be patient while cooking dried bean curd and kelp.
- The spiced sauce can be reused.