600g bitter melon, 200g fresh bean curd
Group A : 1 tsp. vegetarian barbecue sauce, 1 tsp. light soy sauce
Group B : half piece of brown slab sugar, 2 pcs ginger, 2 pcs. star anise, 8 pcs. Sichuan pepper, 1 tbsp. light soy sauce, 1 tbsp. vegetarian oyster sauce
- Rinse bitter melon. Cut into sections of 2cm thick. Scrape out the seeds.
- Slice bean curds into the size of bitter melon sections. Add seasonings in group A and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Bring 4 bowls of water to a boil. Add seasonings in group B and let simmer in medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Put marinated bean curds into the middle of bitter melon. Add the marinated water in Step 3.
- Steam for 45 minutes until the bitter melon is tender.
- This dish tastes better when bitter melon is well-done