Ingredients: 1000g tomato, 200g mushroom, 50g butter
Group A : 1 can tomato paste, ½ brown slab sugar, 1 tsp. salt
Group B : 1 tbsp. dried herbs, 2 tbsp. olive oil
For the sauce :
- Finely chop the tomato and mushroom.
- Heat wok with butter. Pan-fry mushroom until fragrant. Add tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are soft.
- Put the tomato mixture in a small pot. Add seasoning in Group A and bring to the boil. Let simmer on low heat for 30-40 minutes or until thick.
- Add seasoning in Group B. Mix well and keep warm.
For the spaghetti:
- Cook spaghetti in boiling water. Add salt and cook until spaghetti reaches desired tenderness.
- Drain and mix well with olive oil.
- Keep stirring while making the sauce.
- This simple sauce works well with pizzas.