Ingredients: 80g dried yellow fungi, 1 box tofu (around 700g)
Group A : 1 tsp. sesame oil, 1 tsp. light soy sauce, 1 tsp. crushed brown slab sugar, 1 tsp. black bean soy sauce, some pepper powder
Group B : a pinch of sea salt, 1 tsp. black bean soy sauce, 1 tsp. sesame oil
- Soak yellow fungi overnight. Replace water a few times until the water stays clear. (This step is to ensure the removal of sulfur)
- Add 2 or 3 slices of ginger and half piece of brown slab sugar into a pot of water, then bring to a boil. Place fungi to boil for 3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Marinate fungi with seasonings in group A for 30 minutes.
- Cut tofu into 2cm cubes and place on a big plate. Add fungi on top of the tofu. Steam for 15 minutes.
- Take the dish out and pour seasonings in group B over it and serve.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes if using a steam oven.
- You may soak and boil a larger quantity of fungi at a time and store in freezer for future use.