Ingredients: 50g dried yellow fungi, 150g red bell pepper, 200g celery, 150g green bell pepper, grated ginger
Group A : 1 tsp. sesame oil, 1 tsp. light soy sauce, 1 tsp. crushed brown slab sugar, 1 tsp. black bean soy sauce, a pinch of pepper
Group B : a pinch of sea salt, 1 tsp. black bean soy sauce
- Soak yellow fungi overnight. Replace water a few times until the water stays clear. (This step is to ensure the removal of sulfur.)
- Add 2 to 3 slices of ginger and half piece of brown slab sugar into a pot of water, and bring to the boil. Put in fungi and boil for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Marinate fungi with seasonings in group A for 30 minutes.
- Heat wok with oil. Put in ginger slices and sizzle until aromatized. Slide in red bell pepper, celery, and green bell pepper, and stir-fry until tender.
- Add yellow fungi and turn to low heat. Mix well with seasonings group B until ingredients are tender.
- Add 1 tbsp. sesame oil before serving to enhance aroma.