Ingredients: 1800g diced taros (peeled), 2 bags needle mushroom, 80g vegetarian ham, 200g diced black mushrooms, some diced carrots, some grated ginger, 600g rice flour, 150g cornstarch, 1200g water for batter mixture, 2000g water for boiling taro.
Seasonings: 25g salt, 50g vegetable essence, 75g sugar, 5g ground pepper, 15g five spice powder, 50g vegetable oil, 150g sesame oil
- Cut needle mushroom into small sections and fry them to golden.
- Fry half of the diced taro to golden.
- Preheat a wok with some oil and sauté grated ginger until aromatized. Add diced black mushrooms and vegetarian ham into the wok and stir-fry briefly. Add rest of the diced taro into the wok and stir-fry briefly. Add in 2000g water and all seasonings, boil until taro turns slightly tender.
- Add 1200g water into rice flour and cornstarch, stir them until blended.
- Turn off the heat after taro turns slightly soft, cool them down to 90℃ and mix with the batter mixture until thick.
- Pour all the mixture into mould and steam for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, done.