Ingredients: 50g dried elm fungi, 150g red pepper, 200g celery, 200g black mushrooms (soaked), some grated ginger
- Group A : 1 tsp. sesame oil, 1 tsp. light soy sauce, 1 tsp. crushed brown slab sugar, 1 tsp. black bean soy sauce, some pepper powder
- Group B : a pinch of sea salt, 1 tsp. black bean soy sauce, 1 tsp. sesame oil
- Soak elm fungi overnight. Replace water a few times until the water stays clear. (This step is to ensure the removal of sulfur.)
- Add 2 or 3 slices of ginger and half piece of brown slab sugar into a pot of water, and bring to the boil. Place elm fungi to boil for 5 to 8 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Slice fungi into thin pieces. Marinate with seasonings in group A for 30 minutes.
- Heat wok with oil. Add grated ginger and all ingredients to stir fry for a while. Turn to low heat. Add seasonings in group B and some water to cook for 3 minutes.
- Can add some sesame oil before serving to enhance aroma.